$25,000 Hi Lo Game Rules
$25,000 HIPPIE HI/LO GAME – OFFICIAL RULES
Contest runs: Monday, April 17, 2017 through Friday, April 28, 2017
No Purchase Necessary. Must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
WHPY-FM will solicit a designated caller each weekday during the contest period at 7:40am, 8:40am, and 5:20pm. Contestants must be the correct caller at 855-945-7625 in order to participate. WHPY-FM is not responsible for telephone malfunctions. Should the call be interrupted at any time, the next caller will be chosen to participate.
The $25,000 Hippie HI/LO Game will consist of two (2) individual weekly contests.
WHPY-FM will randomly selecte four (4) unique seven-digit numbers ranging from 0000100 – 2500000 for the contest. (The Prize Determination Number).
A different randomly selected seven-digit Prize Determination Number will be used each of the two (2) weeks of the contest. Each week WHPY-FM will accept 15 attempts at guessing the randomly selected Prize Determination Number for one week only. Once all 15 attempts are made to determine the correct Prize Determination Number, the contest for that week is over.
If there is no winner during any given week, the correct Prize Determination Number will be announced Friday’s at 5:40pm during the contest. A new game will begin on the following Monday.
If the correct Prize Determination Number for that week is guessed correctly by the contestant (including dollars and cents), they will receive the grand prize of $25,000.00.
If the contestant’s guess is higher than the Prize Determination Number, they will be informed on the air that their guess is “too high.” If the contestant’s guess is lower than the Prize Determination Number, they will be informed on the air that their guess is “too low.” Listeners may keep track of the contestant’s guesses.
WHPY-FM does not guarantee that prize money will be awarded during this contest. Prize money will only be awarded in the event that the contestant guesses the exact Prize Determination Number. If there is a winner, there will be only one (1) prize payout during the entire period of the contest.
If a winner is successful in guessing the correct Prize Determination Number, the entire contest is officially over and no further entries or attempts will be eligible for any prize.
All correct designated callers will receive a Limited Edition Hippie Radio Summertime T-Shirt ($20.00 value) for participating in the contest.
All decisions by the committee are final. Unless otherwise stated, all other WHPY-FM General Contest Rules apply.
WHPY-FM GENERAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS PROHIBITED AND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. ALL CONTESTS ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Unless otherwise specified by Radio Station WHPY-FM (the “Station”), these rules cover routine contests and promotions conducted by the Station.
2. These rules may be amended by separate specific rules for major contests or promotions conducted by the Station or its sponsors.
3. The contest or promotion (the “Promotion”) will take place during the dates and times specified in the official rules of the Promotion (the “Promotion Period”) or as announced on-air. The Station may change the dates and/or terms of the Promotion without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and, if applicable, posted on its website located at www.hippieradio945.com.
4. Promotions conducted on-air that require telephone responses to “cues to call” are only official when heard on-air via radio within the Nashville metropolitan area. Due to delays with the station’s online streaming of its broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in or be disadvantaged in participating in certain promotions.
5. To be eligible to enter or participate in the promotion, listeners must follow the instructions set forth in the official rules of the promotion or as announced on-air and must fulfill all of the eligibility requirements of the promotion.
6. Unless otherwise specified, the promotion is open to all listeners of the Station who are legal U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older and who live in the Nashville, TN listening area.
7. Employees of the station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, competing radio stations in the Nashville metropolitan area, and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to participate or win.
8. All contest winners consent to allow WHPY-FM the use of their name, voice and or likeness for promotional advertisements for the station with no additional monetary or other compensation.
9. All contest winners must waive any and all claims of liability against WHPY-FM and their parent company Kensington Digital Media, L.L.C., and all respective employees and agents, and all participating sponsors for any personal injury or loss, which may occur from participation in the contest or from the use of any prize. Winners must sign this liability form that releases WHPY-FM, Kensington Digital Media, L.L.C., other owners and related entities from any liability.
10. Listeners are eligible to win a prize in a Promotion conducted by the Station only once every thirty (30) days, and listeners are eligible to win a prize in a Promotion conducted by the Station only once every six (6) months if the prize is valued over $600.
11. Winners of any prizes, of any contest, are responsible for any and all taxes including, but not limited to; state, local, and/or federal taxes associated with acceptance of any prize.
12. Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station-conducted Promotion.
13. For on-air Promotions, there is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call-in or text; however a listener may only qualify once.
14. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
15. Promotion prizes and their values will be indicated when the Station announces the Promotion. Unless otherwise announced, all prizes or prize certificates must be picked up at the offices of the Station: WHPY-FM Radio 49 Music Square West Suite 300, Nashville, TN 37203. Prizes may be claimed during regular business hours (between 7:30am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday).
16. Promotion winner(s) will be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize. Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her prize in person, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner. If a Promotion is open to entrants under the age of 18 and a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must claim the prize.
17. Failure to comply with these requirements will result in the forfeiture of the prize. A winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within thirty (30) days (or sooner for time sensitive prizes) of winning. Unless otherwise specified or required by law, if a prize is not claimed no alternate winner will be selected and the prize will become the property of the Station. The Station, solely at its discretion and only with the consent of the winner, may opt to deliver the prize to the winner by mail or overnight courier. In such event, the winner assumes the risk of the prize’s loss and the Station will not be responsible for the safe arrival of the prize or prize certificate.
18. There is no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. Each prize is expressly limited to the item(s) announced by the Station and does not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
19. Decisions of the Station’s management with respect to the Promotion are final.