Happy Hippie Birthday Game Rules
DESCRIPTION: This Promotion will be run utilizing SCA’s proprietary random number generating system (“RNG System”) running in conjunction with SCA’s proprietary “Birthday Number Match” interface software (“Promotion Software”). SCA will provide Sponsor with the URL of the Promotion Software play page on the Internet. SCA will also provide Sponsor with a username (i.e. this contract number) and a unique password with which Sponsor must register on the play page in order to make each attempt.
TERM: The Promotion will begin January 11, 2021 and end (i) on January 22, 2021, or (ii) after all attempts have been exhausted, or (iii) in the event of winners of prizes equaling or exceeding the limits on available prizes set forth in the Schedule of Available Prizes below, whichever comes first.
ATTEMPTS: The total number of attempts must not exceed: Forty (40). Note: Depressing the reload/refresh key on the browser will cause the Promotion Software to deliver another winning birth date using the same Commitment Data thereby exhausting another of the available attempts.
BIRTH DATE RANGE: The range of eligible birth dates (“Birth Date Range”) from which the winning birth date(s) will be chosen is: December 31, 1945 through January 10, 2003.
RNG SYSTEM: The RNG System will randomly generate a new winning birth date (“Winning Birth Date”) consisting of a month, day and year within the Birth Date Range in response to each request from the Promotion Software containing Commitment Data. Each generation of a Winning Birth Date constitutes an attempt. The Draw Software within the RNG System will generate a digitally signed audit log (“Audit Log”) containing records of each set of Commitment Data submitted and the Winning Birth Date randomly generated in response thereto.
COMMITMENT DATA / WINNING BIRTH DATE REQUEST: For each attempt in the Promotion, Sponsor must enter the last four (4) digits (in exact order) of the contestant’s ID Number into the Promotion Software which will then be transmitted by the Promotion Software to the RNG System as commitment data (“Commitment Data”) along with a request for one (1) and only one (1) Winning Birth Date to be randomly generated within the Birth Date Range. In order to be a valid attempt under this contract, the Commitment Data received by the RNG System must include: the last four (4) digits of the contestant’s ID Number. Following receipt of the Commitment Data for an entry and the correct request, the RNG System will randomly generate one and only one (1) Winning Birth Date for that attempt from the Birth Date Range that will be displayed by the Promotion Software and stored in the Audit Log along with the corresponding Commitment Data.
WINNER DETERMINATION: If the month, day and year of the Winning Birth Date stored in the Audit Log for an attempt are identical to the month, day and year of the birth date of the contestant for whom the last four (4) numeric digits of the ID Number were stored in the Audit Log for the same attempt, then SCA will pay to Sponsor the Prize Level A, subject to verification by SCA and Maximum Aggregate Liability set forth below. If the month and day of the Winning Birth Date stored in the Audit Log for an attempt are identical to the month and day of the birth date of the contestant for whom the last four (4) numeric digits of the ID Number were stored in the Audit Log for the same attempt, then SCA will pay to Sponsor the Prize Level B, subject to verification by SCA and Maximum Aggregate Liability set forth below. NOTE: For purposes of this contract, the only eligible identification numbers (“ID Numbers”) for a contestant are his/her current U.S. social security number or U.S. passport number. For purposes of this contract, a contestant’s birth date is the birth date of record in the official records of the governmental agency that issued the ID Number entered for the contestant. If a contestant’s actual birth date is earlier than the earliest birth date in the Birth Date Range, the contestant’s birth year will be deemed to be the earliest full year in the Birth Date Range, for purposes of this contract.
WINNER VERIFICATION: In the event of a claim for prize payment, in order to verify the claimed winning entry, SCA, using the appropriate public key provided by the RNG, must be able to validate (i) that the key sequence in the Audit Log validates properly by validating each key within the Audit Log back to and including the initial key, (ii) each and every record within the relevant key’s domain within the Audit Log, and (iii) that the number of records in the Audit Log for this Promotion do not exceed the number of attempts permitted in this contract (i.e., 60). The relevant key is the key in whose domain is located the record for which a claim is being made. Final winner verification is subject to the validation of the random number generator's digitally encrypted Audit Log.
CONTESTANT BIRTH DATE VERIFICATION: In the event that a contestant claims that the Winning Birth Date (or portion thereof) for his/her attempt is identical to the contestant’s actual birth date (or portion thereof), Sponsor agrees to notify SCA immediately following the attempt and provide to SCA the contestant’ s full name, address, phone number and complete ID Number. Notification by facsimile or electronic mail is acceptable. SCA’s fax number is 214-860-3448. Only an individual whose actual birth date is verified by SCA as the Winning Birth Date for his/her attempt using the appropriate governmental agency’s official records shall be eligible to receive prize awards as contained herein. The last four (4) digits of the contestant’s ID Number must be the exact same four (4) digits entered into the Promotion Software during the contestant’s attempt and stored in the Audit Log in order for the contestant to be eligible under the terms and conditions contained herein. Within three (3) business days of a claim for prize payment, Sponsor agrees to provide SCA with a copy the contestant’s valid birth certificate and/or valid driver’s license and any other documents (including written authorizations) requested by SCA for purposes of winner verification. Such verification may include verification of the contestant’s birth date through the official records of the appropriate governmental agency that issued the ID Number. All claims for prize payment are subject to verification of the contestant’s actual birth date and social security number or other permissible government identification number.
10. SCHEDULE OF AVAILABLE PRIZES:
Month, Day & Year
(Limit one (1) prize payout)
Month & Day
(Limit twenty (20) prize payouts)
Maximum Aggregate Liability: $23,000. Any and all liability for the payment of prize amounts not payable under the terms and conditions of this contract or in excess of the Maximum Aggregate Liability shall revert to Sponsor. In no event shall SCA’s liability exceed the Maximum Aggregate Liability specified herein.
SCA, and any affiliated companies and insurers, are not responsible for any late, misdirected or incomplete entries, effects of hackers, or failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions and/or network connections. SCA, and any affiliated companies and insurers are not responsible for any inaccuracies in information that may be used in the Promotion, or for any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries.
In no event shall SCA be liable for indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, including without limitation, damages for lost profits or revenues or punitive damages, even if advised of the possibility thereof. Notwithstanding the provisions of this paragraph, Sponsor’s damages, other than for payment of the prize amount in the event of a valid verified winner in the Promotion, are limited to refund of fees paid hereunder.
SCA, and any affiliated companies are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this game or sweepstakes, as solely determined by SCA, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, SCA reserves the right to terminate a contestant’s eligibility to participate. In the event any portion of this Promotion is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, hackers or other causes beyond the control of SCA, or Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of SCA, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the game, SCA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate all or part of the Promotion. SCA Promotions, Inc., and any affiliated companies are not responsible for any entry, which is generated by computer hardware or software, malfunction, error or failure, or is tampered with or subject to any non-authorized human intervention.
The Promotion is a contingent prize promotion. Prize(s), if any, will only be awarded upon winner validation and verification by SCA. Taxes, fees or other charges, if any, are the sole responsibility of winner(s). By accepting a prize payment, Sponsor must agree to release and discharge SCA., any affiliated companies and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents from any liability or damage due in whole or in part to the award, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from participation in this Promotion. UNCLAIMED PRIZES WILL NOT BE AWARDED. With respect to any attempt, the data stored in the Audit Log produced by the RNG is the determiner of all information provided as part of such attempt, as well as the random birth date generated by the RNG System in response to the attempt’s Commitment Data.
All regular WHPY-FM General Contest Rules Apply.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS PROHIBITED AND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. ALL CONTESTS ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Unless otherwise specified by Radio Station WHPY-FM (the “Station”), these rules cover routine contests and promotions conducted by the Station.
2. These rules may be amended by separate specific rules for major contests or promotions conducted by the Station or its sponsors.
3. The contest or promotion (the “Promotion”) will take place during the dates and times specified in the official rules of the Promotion (the “Promotion Period”) or as announced on-air. The Station may change the dates and/or terms of the Promotion without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and, if applicable, posted on its website located at www.hippieradio945.com.
4. Promotions conducted on-air that require telephone responses to “cues to call” are only official when heard on-air via radio within the Nashville metropolitan area. Due to delays with the station’s online streaming of its broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in or be disadvantaged in participating in certain promotions.
5. To be eligible to enter or participate in the promotion, listeners must follow the instructions set forth in the official rules of the promotion or as announced on-air and must fulfill all of the eligibility requirements of the promotion.
6. Unless otherwise specified, the promotion is open to all listeners of the Station who are legal U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older and who live in the Nashville, TN listening area.
7. Employees of the station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, competing radio stations in the Nashville metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to participate or win.
8. All contest winners consent to allow WHPY-FM the use of their name, voice and or likeness for promotional advertisements for the station with no additional monetary or other compensation.
9. All contest winners must waive any and all claims of liability against WHPY-FM and their parent company Kensington Digital Media, L.L.C., and all respective employees and agents, and all participating sponsors for any personal injury or loss, which may occur from participation in the contest or from the use of any prize. Winners must sign this liability form that releases WHPY-FM, Kensington Digital Media, L.L.C., other owners and related entities from any liability.
10. Listeners are eligible to win a prize in a Promotion conducted by the Station only once every thirty (30) days, and listeners are eligible to win a prize in a Promotion conducted by the Station only once every six (6) months if the prize is valued over $600.
11. Winners of any prizes, of any contest, are responsible for any and all taxes including, but not limited to; state, local, and/or federal taxes associated with acceptance of any prize.
12. Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station-conducted Promotion.
13. For on-air Promotions, there is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call-in or text; however a listener may only qualify once.
14. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
15. Promotion prizes and their values will be indicated when the Station announces the Promotion. Unless otherwise announced, all prizes or prize certificates must be picked up at the offices of the Station: WHPY-FM Radio 49 Music Square West Suite 300, Nashville, TN 37203. Prizes may be claimed during regular business hours (between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday).
16. Promotion winner(s) will be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize. Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her prize in person, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner. If a Promotion is open to entrants under the age of 18 and a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must claim the prize.
17. Failure to comply with these requirements will result in the forfeiture of the prize. A winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within thirty (30) days (or sooner for time sensitive prizes) of winning. Unless otherwise specified or required by law, if a prize is not claimed no alternate winner will be selected and the prize will become the property of the Station. The Station, solely at its discretion and only with the consent of the winner, may opt to deliver the prize to the winner by mail or overnight courier. In such event, the winner assumes the risk of the prize’s loss and the Station will not be responsible for the safe arrival of the prize or prize certificate.
18. There is no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash.
19. Tickets for events (including concerts, on-stage performances, games, races, etc) may not be re-sold for profit online or off. All tickets given away by the Station are for promotional use only. Reselling tickets or prizes can result in winner being banned from all future station contests, or other legal action.
20. Each prize is expressly limited to the item(s) announced by the Station and does not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
21. The Station reserves the right to make changes or modify the rules at any time for any reason.
22. Decisions of the Station’s management with respect to the Promotion are final.